Lost Saga is an online free-to-play action fighting game from Korean developer IO Entertainment. The game features a unique play mode where players can switch out characters in real time during a battle, which opens up tons of unique combos and adds a lot of replay value to the game. There are said to be over 100 characters which you can unlock and obtain in the game. Lost Saga also offers many different maps and play modes. It is currently in open beta testing, and is free to sign up and play.
War of Legends is a new free multiplayer strategy game published by Jagex Ltd., where players appoint legendary leaders and form multiplayer alliances to reach eternal glory! The game itself is playable online through your browser and works via Flash. The game is free-to-play but also includes micro-transactions. The gameplay is centred on building and commanding a kingdom and inspired from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. War of Legends is set in a Player vs. Player environment. Jagex has stated that although it is not essential to compete with other players, a ‘solid defence’ is needed in order to build a kingdom. It is possible to be attacked while not logged into the game, a feature that is also present in their FunOrb game ‘Dungeon Assault’, although Jagex have said that War of Legends is totally different and separate.
MIR II is a free-to-play, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). It features a 2D, top-level isometric view of its lush and massive landscapes, home to over 500 unique areas and more than 400 fierce monsters. It’s the debut title from Gamepot USA, and like all of their future titles, it is 100% free to play.
In the game, players take part in a long-standing war between humanity and two monster races, the Oma and the Neru. Mir II employs a tri-class system featuring Warriors (great strength and stamina), Wizards (mages with an arsenal of spells at their disposal), Assassins (stealth attackers with magic attacks) and Taoists (mentally disciplined martial artists). Players develop their character’s skills and abilities by battling monsters, story-based quests, and teaming up with trusted friends for dungeon adventures. Players can interact with others through chatting, trading, and playing mini-games. Players can form groups to hunt monsters and share the rewards, and create guilds for long-term friendship. These guilds can also battle each other in open warfare, laying siege to each other’s castles in grand fashion.
Gameplay centers on venturing into dungeons and combating monsters in real time. MIR II’s top-down viewpoint offers a throwback perspective to the classic games of yesteryear, while maintaining a robust array of social features to stay at the cutting edge. MIR II is played with a keyboard and mouse, and the configuration is completely customizable to the user’s liking. There is also a Free Market element to the game, driven by the players themselves and the value of Gold, the in-game currency of MIR II.
Mir II characters exist in domains called “worlds” or “servers”, e.g., “RedDragon”. Players are allowed to create up to three different characters in each world. Each world is split into twenty channels, among which characters are allowed to switch freely.
• 100% Free to play: No monthly subscription fees. With Gamepot, free means free.
• Classic Top-down Gameplay: Players engross themselves in a prosperous 2D world, with unique monsters and real time warfare. In addition to that, players can choose their own adventures—from quests to regular hunting to epic dungeons.
• Player Crafted Weapons: Players can customize their weapons via crafting, refinement, and trades.
• Over 500 Vibrant, Diverse Regions to Explore: The tranquil beauty of Bichon Province. The serene sights of Wooma Temple. The cold chill of Serpent Valley. The quiet ferocity of Serpent Valley. These beautiful landscapes and more await you and your friends.
• In-game Events: many in-game and web events during summer break, winter break, and the holidays. Players can look forward to monthly events both in-game and on the web! Web events include screenshot competitions, fan-art, MIR II costume contests and more! Winning players receive various prizes!